When it comes to building a website for your business, the question is no longer ‘why’, but instead ‘how’. If you choose to build your website using a CMS platform – the question is, which CMS platform should you choose? There’s Drupal, Joomla, WordPress and a host of other options. Fortunately, this question has an easy answer – choose WordPress.
There are several reasons. For one, WordPress is the undisputed champion in powering websites. The open-source platform, which was known as a blogging platform for the longest time, now powers 25% of websites. To put that in perspective, one in four websites are built on WordPress. The open-source CMS platform must be doing something right to get that kind of market share, right?
Right. It is. It does almost everything right, which is why it is a great platform to build your website. But forget all that. Here are the top-three reasons and arguably the only three reasons you will need to know, to fall in love with WordPress (like 58.7% of businesses using CMS on their website).
Reason #1: WordPress offers unmatched ease of use
Yes, unmatched is the word.
• The open-source WordPress technology is incredibly simple. It is so simple in fact, that you can make changes to your website (add or remove pages, blog posts, images, and so on) on your own. Because you don’t need to hire a developer, you save money of course. But you also save time because of how easy and fast editing and formatting websites is.
• When using WordPress for your website, you don’t have to worry about learning, installing, and using HTML editing software or FTP software. Goodbye Adobe Dreamweaver, so long Adobe Contribute! You don’t need them anymore.
• The WordPress platform has an intuitive interface, adding further to its ease-of-use credits.
• Not only is website creation and execution easy on WordPress, but also website administration. Because the platform is browser-based, accessibility is a breeze. All you need is a device and an internet connection and you can access your website as an administrator from anywhere around the world.
• In addition, you can grant (selected or complete) access to multiple users, specifying the administrative capabilities of each user and have them “fill in” for you whenever needed.
That is some serious ease-of-use. Isn’t it?
Reason #2: Search engines love WordPress-based websites
How can they not? The writing of WordPress is clean, enabling search bots to crawl through and index pages easily. This ensures your articles, posts, images, and web pages are ‘found’ by search engines when readers use relevant keywords, which is the holy grail of search engine optimization (SEO).
Impressed? There’s more! WordPress allows you to optimize every single article, blog post, image on every single web page, for search engines, adding further to its SEO capabilities. The fact that it has a built-in blog and that blogs are the backbone of SEO make things even better.
And, there are a host of simple easy things you can do to further optimize your WordPress website and its contents for search, strengthening SEO even further. (Note: You can link the words “host of simple easy things” to the previous post on WordPress and SEO.)
And finally reason #3: With WordPress you have the power
WordPress empowers you to expert complete control over your website. You are no longer at the mercy of developers for making updates to your site. Because WordPress-powered websites are 100 percent customizable and because the site is incredibly easy to use; you can really get your WordPress website to do whatever you want – whether it is to look a certain way or function in a certain manner.
The plethora of free and premium plugins available for WordPress adds more power in your hands. You can add, remove, and/or customize functionality of your WordPress site by adding, removing, or simply using these plugins. And because the platform is scalabale, you can rest assured that your WordPress website will be able to accommodate all your wishes and commands as your business grows.