An increasing number of people today are surfing the web from mobile devices. This has led to the creation of responsive websites. What is a responsive website? A responsive website adapts its layout and content to fit any screen resolution and size, be it mobile devices, smartphones, tablets or desktops. WordPress, the most popular CMS (Content Management System), fortunately has a multitude of responsive themes to cater to the increasing use of mobile devices. Here are some reasons why your site should be using a responsive theme:
- It’s cost effective: With a responsive themes you don’t necessarily have to maintain two different website addresses, one for the computer and the other for mobile devices, thereby saving a lot of time and money.
- It’s SEO friendly: Using responsive themes helps SEO efforts as all the searches are directed to the same website no matter what device is being used.
- User interface improvements: Users can navigate a responsive website from mobile devices much easier than trying to navigate a desktop version.
- Preferred by Google: If you’re site isn’t responsive and doesn’t have a mobile version, Google will decrease your search engine ranking for searches done from mobile devices.
- Easier management: There’s no need to manage a site for desktop computer and another one for mobile devices. Only one website needs to be managed.
- Focused on content: A responsive WordPress website is focused more on the content rather than the ways to navigate around them. Non-responsive websites can be confusing to navigate and cause confusion for the visitors, causing them to leave your site.