Over the weekend, Elijah Manor tweeted about a new IDE, called Web Storm, that is currently being offered as a public preview, from JetBrains. After spending a few hours with it, I’m extremely impressed! In this video quick tip, I thought I’d show you some of my favorite features that you, frankly, just don’t see much in other code editors.
- Not as bloated as other IDEs, like Aptana
- Git integration
- Fast intellisense
- Vertical Selecting (Option + select)
- CSS lookup on markup (Shift + Command + I)
- Definition lookup (Control J)
- Immediately finds formatting errors in your code
- Advanced debugging
- Plenty of skins
- Zen coding implementation! (Such as, ul#nav>li*4>a)
- Quickly and easily export inline CSS and JS to external files.
What Do You Think?
So, if you’re curious, take some time to look over Web Storm and let me know what you think! I’m still learning too, so let me know if you found any cool features that I didn’t mention.