It goes without saying that you spend a lot of money and time on your website. That’s mainly because you want to be happy with every aspect of the site. One common area that most of the people invest heavily in is the security measures that protect everything they have worked so hard to establish.
As far as a WordPress site is concerned, finding a suitable and dependable security plugin may sound easy, but it can definitely be a challenging task. After all, you have to leave your security as well as peace of mind in the hands of a software, which is why it’s essential that you take the time out to test what is available and make sure it fits your site as well as your skill level.
iThemes Security (which was formerly known as Better WP Security) is among the highest ranked security plugins on WordPress. This plugin has a lot of faithful supporters, but how can you find out how well this plugin protects your site as well as your users? Let’s find out!
The Benefits of iThemes Security
- This plugin is complete all on its own, i.e. it needs no extensions
- It is absolutely free and also easier to get a hold of
- iThemes Security has clear instructions mentioned in its settings
- It provides you protection from back door vulnerabilities as well as brute force attacks, and also offers malware scanning
- The plugin is consistently updated as more and more security features are regularly added to it
- It also has some advanced features, including alteration of the sensitive files’ directory and renaming the database prefixes
- iThemes Security has compatibility with WordPress Multisite
There are definitely plenty of important features that the numerous users of iThemes Security find suitable. With a feature-filled line up, it is easy to understand why this plugin can protect you consistently from all sorts of attacks.
Installing the iThemes Security Plugin
Even if you have just started out on WordPress and only recently created your first blog, installing this plugin is ever so easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Head over to the “Add New” section which can be found in the “Plugins” area in the admin panel.
- Type “iThemes Security” in the search menu (case insensitive).
- Find the plugin in the results and click the “Install” link which will be present underneath it.
You will have to wait for a few moments in order for this plugin to be downloaded/installed automatically. Do keep in mind that in some of the hosting environments, you might require entering your own FTP credentials prior to going into the installation phase. After you’ve downloaded/installed the plugin, you can activate it by clicking the link that says “Activate the plugin”.