|This module allows you to display stock quotes from Yahoo Finance in a module position.
The stock quotes are obtained in “real-time” direct from Yahoo Finance. Note: as stated in the Yahoo Finance page, these quotes are delayed (for up to 15 to 20 minutes.), except where indicated otherwise.
v1.0.7 (for Joomla 1.0) and v1.5.7 (for Joomla 1.5)
Released Jun 26, 2009
Thanks to Andrew to provide me with the list of additional yahoo stock quote APIs. The new version now allows you to display a lot more financial info such as P/E ratio, Earnings per share (EPS), market cap, etc.
The new version also incorporates some of the feature requests from users:
* read yahoo data by CURL, file_get_contents() or fread()
* display of symbol name from Yahoo e.g. ^N225 is NIKKEI 225, ^HSI is HANG SENG INDEX
* date format e.g. for those in UK, you can now use j/n/Y to display dates in d/m/yyyy
* added global time offset e.g. for those in UK, you can use a global time offset of +5
* added global time zone name, e.g. for those using mountain time, you can set this as MT
* provides link to different charts: 1d, 5d, 1m, ytd, 1y, 2y, 5y
* now links to yahoo interactive chart instead of basic chart
* you can now hide the search field and submit button
* allow you to set the order of the display fields (similar to setting the order of Joomla modules in the admin page)
How to use
You can display a single quote: e.g. YHOO. Or you can display multiple quotes all at once: e.g. GOOG,MSFT,YHOO. You can turn on or off any of these fields. And you can choose to display the symbols by row or by column. This is useful, for example, if you wish to display the stock quotes in the left or right module position.
Of course, the module supports automatic refresh without any reloading of pages. If your browser supports AJAX, the stock quotes will be refreshed once every 5 seconds. You can set this interval to be longer. But the minimal is 5 seconds. (Technically you can even refresh at a rate of once every one milliseconds. However, if you do so, I think Yahoo will soon come after you for absuing their servers. That’s why I set the fastest refresh rate to be 5 seconds.)
* Retrieves “real-time” stock quotes through Yahoo Finance API.
* Uses AJAX to display the result – no reloading of pages required!
* Automatic refresh of the latest stock quotes at user-defined interval.
* Full CSS support! This means that you can set the font family, fon