Zen Cart is an open source online store management system. This system is aesthetically useful for anyone who sells products online and is need of a professional web site that utilizes a shopping cart feature. Zen Cart provides countless features within its system, allowing the administrator to sell their products, whether their store is strictly an online store, or whether they are simply branching out and exposing their products to an online community.
This free system, developed by other shop owners, programmers, designers and consultants, puts the merchants and shoppers requirements first. It is so easy to use that you do not need to have extensive computer knowledge in order to get the most out of this store management system. Taken from the main Zen Cart website, here is a list of some of the system’s major features, broken up by categories.
· checks the database and server for requirements before installing
· installs using a built-in installation tool
· prepopulates the basic store information
· optional demo products
Customer Status Modes
· unrestricted shopping
· must register to view prices
· must register to view prices and merchandise
· showroom only
Categories and Products
· unlimited category depth
· physical merchandise
· downloadable virtual products
· products can reside in multiple categories
· product options as dropdowns, radio buttons, checkboxes, and text input
Powerful Administrative Tool
· configure your minimum and maximum values, image sizes and customer details
· choose which layout settings to use for the spotlight listings
· pick which details to show on your product details page
· edit your policies pages with HTML (if desired)
Although Zen Cart does not back the additional downloads as they are contributed by the community, there are a great deal of various types of downloads available to augment the already extensive features of Zen Cart. Anything from supplementary admin tools to buttons and graphics to template alterations, these additions will jazz up your web site even more.