Usage of any Interactive Online service constitutes acceptance and agreement to Interactive Online’s AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) as well as Interactive Online’s TOS (Terms of Service). Interactive Onlines reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our TOS (Terms ofm Servprice) and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service). All users of Interactive Online’s Internet services, and their clients, must comply with this AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) and our TOS (Terms of Service).
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING SITES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Sites which contain copyrighted material, adult content; porn sites or sites linking to adult contact; warez, hacker, pirated, torrent or leech sites; sites which promote or send bulk email or spam; sites that promote illegal activity; sites with content that may be damaging to the servers; spamming is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Any sites that are brought to our attention because they are spamming will be immediately deleted from the root directory without advanced notice and your money will not be refunded. We reserve the right to remove any account without advanced notice for any reason Interactive Online sees fit.
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
We support the uncensored flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor subscriber activity under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any web site, e-mail transmission, newsgroups, or other material created or accessible over or through the services, except for certain proprietary websites. However, in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. Interactive Online may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate termination of either your Interactive Online account or other actions as detailed below without notice, based upon the nature of the violation.
This document is intended to provide a basic understand of Interactive Online’s Acceptable Use Policy. The following are guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of Interactive Online’s AUP. If a Interactive Online account violates this Acceptable Use Policy or our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however based on the nature of the violation, could result in immediate termination of service.
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
Illegal Activities: Interactive Online’s services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. Interactive Online reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
Harm or Endangerment: You may not use Interactive Online’s service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography, or use Interactive Online’s service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
Forgery or Impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
Unsolicited E-mail, News Bombing (SPAM), Bulk Email: Use of the Interactive Online service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or bulk e-mail is prohibited. Spam complaints will be sent to the e-mail address on file. Violations of this type will result in the immediate suspension of the offending website on the Interactive Online server. Failure to respond to complaints within a 24 hour timeframe will result in the Interactive Online abuse staff suspending the offending website or shared hosting account by whatever means necessary. Should the account become re-activated without the expresstor written consent of Interactive Online’s Abuse Department, the offending website or shared hosting account will be immediately terminated, and may result in suspension / termination of the server should the site and/or client re-appear on the server. Anyone hosting websites or services on their server that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their server immediately removed from our network. The server will not be reconnected until such time that you agree to remove any and all traces of the offending fmaterial immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the server to confirm that all material has been completely removed. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the server from our network without notice to the customer. Any server guilty of a second violation will be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice. Malicious intent to impede another person’s use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending Interactive Online account.
Copyright or Trademark Infringement: Use of the Interactive Online service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software. Use of the Interactive Online service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent. Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
Network Disruptions: Use of the Interactive Online service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use Interactive Online Services or the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. Interactive Online will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data. Interactive Online does not allow the hosting of shell scripts, IRC, IRC Bots, eggdrops, pirated software, warez, autosurf, IP scanners, bruteforce, mail bombers, spamming, phishing, live audio/video streaming, gambling, anonymous or any other type of hacking script or software on our network. Servers found hosting this material will be subject to immediate cancellation without refund. Use of the Interactive Online service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Interactive Online’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending Interactive Online account is subject to immediate termination.
Security: You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
Security Risk: Should any account become a security risk to our network, including but not limited to: compromised accounts, outbound verified attacks, inbound recipient of an attack, spamming, illegal content, etc. Interactive Online has the right to disable the account entirely without warning. Clients are subject to a hacking/spamming fee of up to $500 per incident to cover the additional support required to clean up any infected sites and/or getting the server de-listed from any block lists. If an account is hacked or is found to be spamming it will be suspended immediately until the fee is paid and the site is cleaned up and patched with any available software updates.
Network Security: Interactive Online accounts operate on shared network resources. Excessive use or abuse of these resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account.
Bandwidth & Disk Usage: Customer agrees that Interactive Online will monitor and meter Customer’s daily bandwidth and disk usage and in the event that Customer exceeds the bandwidth or disk usage allocated to each hosting package on any given day Interactive Online may take corrective action which may, at Interactive Online’s sole discretion, include the assessment of additional charges, disconnection or discontinuance of any and all Services, or termination of this Agreement. All bandwidth is measured daily and monthly bandwidth allowances are divided by the calendar days of a given month to determine the daily bandwidth allowance. Customer agrees that in the event of a dispute Interactive Online’s monitoring reports shall be the final method of determination how much disk space and bandwidth was used and agrees to pay the excess usage charges when due. Customer’s log files are counted against any disk usage.
Account Restrictions: Account features such as traffic, storage and domains are considered for the account as a whole. Each individual site that is activated under your hosting account has the following limits. All files (including but not limited to images, music and videos) in a Customer’s hosting account must be linked to from pages within the Customer’s hosting account. It is a violation of this agreement if Customer uses this account as a remote image, sound, video, file or backup library. Binary files such as images, video and sound (i.e MP3, WAV, RA, GIF, JPG, MPEG, AVI but not limited to those file extensions) may only account for a maximum of 50% of Customer’s total bandwidth and/or storage usage before customer must upgrade to a higher performance solution. Accounts that store a large amount of email on the server do not qualify for unlimited storage. Customers that violate any of the storage restrictions will automatically be limited to 10 GB of available disk space and 100 GB of traffic. This would be a limit imposed on the entire hosting account, not each site. If a site hosts any type of photo gallery, flash, video or audio files the account as a whole will be restricted to the 10GB storage and 100GB traffic limit. Both Shared and Reseller Hosting accounts cannot be used to offer a free hosting service.
Unlimited Sites: Shared hosting accounts can host unlimited sites as long as the sites and organization associated with the sites are owned and operated by the customer. Customer cannot resell or give away sites for free to their customers, friends, family or organizations they are a member of. Separate business entities or organizations need to have their own hosting account. Customer cannot host sites for organizations such as churches, clubs or associates. Each organization is required to have their own hosting account. There is a 10% cpu and memory limit imposed on the shared hosting account as a whole. Collectively your sites cannot use more than 10% cpu and memory on the server. If we find you are reselling sites or using more than 10% cpu and memory, we will automatically upgrade your account to a cPanel Reseller Basic package. We will automatically upgrade any account that exceeds resource limits to the next highest package to accommodate the usage. Reseller accounts can also host unlimited sites but cpu and memory limits are higher. Resource usage depends on many factors such as the amount of traffic the site is receiving and the load it is causing on the server.
Customer may not:
a) Exceed resource limits on the hosting package they are signed up for. There are numerous activities that could cause an account to exceed resource limits; these include but are not limited to: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, MySQL, POP, email, etc. We will automatically upgrade any account that exceeds resource limits to the next highest package to accommodate the usage. If customer resource usage is not reduced within the limits of their hosting package and they refuse to pay for the upgrade, their account will be switched to monthly billing and any payment that was paid towards their previous hosting package will be used towards the upgrade. If customer moves their account to a new provider, due to exceeding resource limits, no refund will be issued for any unused portion of their hosting account.
b) Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed.
c) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
d) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
e) Run any bit torrent or leech application, tracker, or client.
f) Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
g) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1492, etc
h) Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes
i) Run proxy services
j) VoIP or voice services or traffic
We will automatically upgrade any account that exceeds resource limits to the next highest package to accommodate the usage. If customer resource usage is not reduced within the limits of their hosting package and they refuse to upgrade, their account will be suspended.
Reseller Account Resource Usage
Reseller sites as a whole cannot exceed the following cpu and memory limits according to the package they are signed up for.
|Reseller Pro Plus
Affiliates earn a 15% recurring commission for accounts they refer to us. Commissions can be earned on shared hosting, reseller hosting, web design, SSL certificates and spam filter services. Referred accounts must be activate for at least 90 days before affiliate commissions can be withdrawn. Referred customers must be active, in good standing and all past due invoices paid in order for affiliate to collection commissions on the referred account. Affiliates can withdrawal earned revenue once their affiliate revenue reaches $50 total. If affiliate has accounts with us and there are due invoices, any requested commissions will be applied to the due invoices first. Affiliate commissions will not be paid for accounts that are canceled within 90 days. Affiliate commissions are only paid for new customers that are referred to us. Affiliates cannot earn commissions on accounts they sign up themselves. Interactive Online reserves the right to change these affiliate policies at any time without advanced notice.
REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF Interactive Online AUP
Interactive Online requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP please contact us, provide the IP address used to commit the violation, date and time of the violation, and evidence of the violation.
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Interactive Online is committed to providing you with superior service and support. Our service level agreement (SLA) provides uptime and hardware guarantees if you have ordered a direct account or dedicated server packages and your account is in good financial standing with Interactive Online.
Network Uptime Guarantee
Interactive Online’s servers connect to the Internet through redundant high-speed connections on diverse backbones, ensuring data delivery to the end user in the fastest, most efficient manner possible. Interactive Online guarantees a 99.9% uptime excluding scheduled maintenance of 30 minutes per month and prior notified upgrades. Interactive Online’s Cisco Powered Network, combined with 24/7/365 monitoring by highly qualified network engineers and administrators, guarantee the functioning of all network infrastructure including routers, switches, and cabling.
Interactive Online guarantees the functioning of all dedicated server type leased hardware components and will replace any failed component at no cost to the customer. Hardware repair/replacement will begin immediately upon identification of the hardware failure. Hardware is defined as the Processor(s), RAM, hard disk(s), motherboard, NIC card, and other related hardware included under the server lease. The time required to repair/replace hardware does not include software reinstallation and/or data recovery from backup tapes/disks (time frame depends on size of disk).
99.9% Uptime Guarantee & Credits
In the event that there is network outage*, Interactive Online will credit the monthly service charge for the following month’s service as calculated below and as measured 24 hours a day in a calendar month, with the maximum credit not to exceed 25% of the monthly service charge for the affected month.
|89.99% or below
*Network outage means any outage in which end customers are unable to access the customer’s site, due to a failure in Interactive Online’s network.
Interactive Online will ONLY be held responsible for its network and not for general conditions on the Internet. Delays that occur outside Interactive Online’s routers caused by backbone failures/congestion, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of, interruption or delay in telecommunications, or third party services (including DNS propagation) resulting in degradation of service and high packet loss or similar conditions, cannot be guaranteed by Interactive Online.
We will perform daily, weekly or monthly backups of your data. The frequency of your data backup is determined by the performance of the server your data is on. If a server’s load is consistently above average it can cause major problems with running daily, weekly or even monthly backups. We place no guarantee on your data nor on the backups that are performed. We cannot be held responsible for data loss due to but not limited to hardware failure, software failure, hacking, migrations or any other reason. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to keep a copy of all data saved on their local computer. This includes but is not limited to all folders, files, MySQL data, email messages, settings and any type of data or configurations related to your account. CPanel and Installatron backups are periodcially purged from the server.
There will be a $25-50 restore fee for any sites that need to be restored from backups for whatever the reason may be. Restore fee will only be waived if sites need to be restored due to hardware failure. Customer is free to restore the sites themselves from any backups they have. If Interactive Online performs the restore for the customer there will be a $25-50 restore fee depending on how large the site is. For sites over 4gig the restore fee will be billed hourly at $89/hour.
Service Credit Request Procedure
In order for you to receive a credit on your account, you must request such credit within 72 hours after you experience hardware failure or network outage. You must follow these steps:
- Request made by email
- Include all support ticket numbers in your email
- Include your server name, your domain name, and your full address as shown on your invoices
- Dates and times of unavailability of your server and any additional information
Credits will usually be applied for the following month’s service within 30 days of acceptance of the request. Credit to your account shall be the sole and exclusive remedy in the event that there is a network outage or hardware failure.
Claim Review Process
All claims must be submitted by contacting us. Claims will be acknowledged within two business days and reviewed within ten business days of receipt. Upon coming to a decision, the customer will be notified via email whether the appropriate service credit will be issued on the next invoice or reject the claim by specifying the basis for rejection.
Terms of Service (TOS)
Use of Interactive Online’s Service constitutes acceptance and agreement to Interactive Online’s AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) as well as Interactive Online’s TOS (Terms of Service). From herewith in this TOS, AUP, and SLA, the usage of ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘ours’ shall constitute reference to Interactive Online, the usage of ‘you’, ‘your’, ‘they’, ‘them shall refer to client / customer of Interactive Online.
Acceptance of Contractual Agreement
1. Client agrees that by placing an order either by means of electronic ordering (web order form) or submitting a written contract, and receipt of such order by Interactive Online, that you are agreeing to our TOS, AUP, and SLA. No Modifications of said contract by customer is allowed.
2. Interactive Online will provide, and Customer will purchase and pay for, the Services, and service fees specified in the Order for the applicable Service Description. Customer acknowledges that the service, and service fees have been communicated to the customer, and that they are aware of all applicable charges as per contract, AUP, SLA, and TOS. Customer also understands that any promotional offers unless specified in contractual terms will not be applicable to their individual service.
3. In connection with any Hosting Services, if Customer’s actual bandwidth usage in any month exceeds allotted amount, specified in Customer’s contract, Customer will pay Interactive Online any additional fees as specified in the Service Description within three (3) days of invoicing period. Any BW overage bill not paid within three (3) days of invoicing will be subject the server and services to suspension.
Payments and Fees
Establishment & renewal of this service is contingent upon receipt of payment from Customer to Interactive Online. Accounts are automatically renewed every billing period unless customer has requested to cancel the account in accordance to our cancellation policy. If a credit card was used for previous payments it will be automatically charged 7-10 days prior to the due date, unless the customer removes it from our Client Area. Service will be interrupted on accounts that reach 1 day past due. Accounts not paid by due date are subject to a 15% late fee and billed at the normal retail rate. There is a $10 minimum late fee on any past due invoice. If an account was being billed at a discounted rate, the billing cycle cost will be changed to the normal retail rate if the account is past due for any reason. Accounts that are not collectable by Interactive Online will be turned over to an outside agency for collection. Prices are subject to change without advanced notice.
Sales & Special Offers
All sales and special offers are for the first billing cycle only. An account will be changed back to regular pricing after the first billing cycle or at the end of the contract commitment.
Interactive Online will suspend service if Customer fails to pay charges when due. Suspension will not relieve Customer of responsibility for the payment of all accrued service fees, past due and collection fees. If an account is suspended the customer’s website will be replaced with a notice that states “This Account Has Been Suspended”.
Delinquent Reseller Accounts
Should your reseller account become delinquent, and payment not made to Interactive Online, resulting in a suspension of service you will have 48 hours to make restitution for the delinquent balance. Any account left unpaid after 48 hours of suspension and reseller not contacting the Interactive Online billing department to resolve the issue will allow for the reseller’s client to be able to purchase the server directly, and assume financial responsibility from that point forward. The balance must be paid entirely by the client prior to lifting the service suspension. Resellers shall not hold Interactive Online responsible for failure to appropriately pay their invoices in a timely manor set forth in your original contracts.
All requests for canceling service must be made from the Client Area by clicking REQUEST CANCELLATION under MY SERVICES > MANAGE. Confirmation of the cancellation request will be sent within 24 hours. Pointing your domain registration to another provider or refusing to pay a past due invoice does not automatically cancel your hosting account with Interactive Online. Service is billed & renewed every billing period until Interactive Online receives a cancellation request from the customer. The customer must also receive confirmation from Interactive Online that the account has been canceled to assure they will not be responsible for future invoices. Past Due invoices on accounts that are requested to be cancelled cannot be pro-rated. If the customer does not want to be responsible for any invoice on the account, they must request cancellation before the renewal date of the account.
Refunds and Disputes
All payments to Interactive Online are nonrefundable except for the 90 day refund period. Domain Registrations, Exchange Hosting, Hosted Spam Filter Service and SSL Certificates are non-refundable. All billing disputes must be reported within 30 days of the time the dispute occurred. Disputed charges (chargebacks) will result in service suspension, a $50 chargeback fee and reconnection fees to restore service.
90 Day Money Back Guarantee
Money back guarantee is only available on our Shared Hosting, cPanel Reseller, Hosted Spam Filter & Exchange Hosting accounts. If you are not completely satisfied with our hosting services we will refund you the full amount, including setup fees. Domain registration fees are non-refundable. Refunds are for new accounts only. Accounts that are renewed are not eligible for a money back guarantee.
Free Domain registration offer is for the first year only. Each additional year billed at the normal domain registration price posted on our website. Customer will be listed as the Registrant & Administrative contacts on the domain registration which gives them ownership & rights to use the domain name. If the customer fails to pay any open invoices and the account goes delinquent, Interactive Online will retain ownership & rights to the domain registration. If a domain registration expires and goes into its Redemption Period there will be a $350 additional fee to get the domain renewed. Interactive Online cannot be held responsible for domain registration and renewal problems related to but not limited to registrar errors, outages, billing problems, software errors, etc.
Free Hosting Offer
Free Hosting offer is only available for top-level domains such as yourdomain.com. Free offer is not available for sub-domains such as something.yourdomain.com. Complete valid contact info must be provided in order to qualify for our free hosting offer. We reserve the right to refuse free hosting to any customer or domain. Free hosting offer is not available for domains ending in .cn, .com.cn, .net.cn, .org.cn, .ru, .com.ru, .net.ru, .org.ru, .mw, .pp.ru, .ph, & ro. To protect the performance and reliability of our services we reserve the right to refuse any account as we see fit. We do not allow porn, adult content, warez, hacker, spam, bit torrent, pirated software, remote backup storage, bulk download sites, proxies or anything promoting illegal behaviors. We also do not allow large or numerous files primarily for storage purposes and not made viewable to the public through html pages. There is also a 500kb file size limit.
Promotions & Discounts
All promotional codes, coupons and advertised discounts are for new customers only. All discounts are for first billing cycle only.
Site & Server Migrations
Free site migration pertains to new customers only. This does not pertain to existing customers nor does it pertain to switching servers within our network. There will be additional migration fees for in-network migrations. We will move up to 30 cPanel sites for new customers free of charge. If your account with your old hosting provider does not use the cPanel control panel there will be additional fees. For internal server migrations Interactive Online is not responsible for altering your web page files, scripts or any other type of code so the site functions properly on the new server. The customer or the web developer is responsible for making any configuration changes to get the site to function properly.
Interactive Online has the authority to move any account to a different server for any reason they see fit, at any time they see fit, and without advanced notice. Under normal circumstances we will inform the customer of a server move but in the event of performance issues or a data center outage, accounts may be moved to a different server at a different data center.
Real-time Block List (RBL) Fees & Fines
If a customer’s site is hacked, spammed from or there is any other reason why the server gets listed on an RBL, the customer will be responsible for all fees and fines related to getting removed from the RBLs.
Customer is responsible for keeping any website software or scripts up-to-date including open source solutions such as Joomla, Drupal and WordPress. Periodically we will do an audit on the server and notify the customer of any vulnerable scripts. If the customer refuses to upgrade the scripts to the newest stable version we will upgrade the script for them using Installatron within cPanel. Interactive Online is not responsible for any problems the upgrade may cause.
Guest Blogging Policies
- Article must be at least 300 words.
- Written in US English.
- Must be original content and not posted anywhere else on the internet.
- Content needs to be related to web hosting, website design, seo, social media, small business or anything related to internet technologies.
- Author bio can contain 1 nofollow link.
- No affiliate links.
- We reserve the right to delete posts for any reason we see fit.
Personal identification information
We may collect personally identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Interactive Online collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- – To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- – To improve our Site
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- – To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- – To process transactions
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- – To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- – To send periodic emails
The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, they may do so by contacting us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Domain Registration Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT HAS A PROVISION FOR ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
This Registration Agreement (“Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of domain name registration and related services (“Services”). In this Agreement “you” and “your” refer to you and the registrant listed in the WHOIS contact information for the domain name. “We”, “us” and “our” refer to the registrars listed at the bottom of this document, any one of which will be the registrar for your domain name and all of which share common ownership, common terms and conditions, and a shared Services infrastructure. To determine which registrar your domain name is registered with, perform a WHOIS lookup at http://www.uwhois.com. You obtain the Services through your primary service provider, with whom we have a wholesale relationship (your “Primary Service Provider”). Your relationship with your Primary Service Provider may be governed by additional terms, as you and your Primary Service Provider may agree. “We,” “us” and “our” does not include your Primary Service Provider, except when specifically mentioned or unless your Primary Service Provider is one of us (i.e., if your Primary Service Provider is also one of the registrars listed at the bottom of this document)).
- YOUR AGREEMENT: By using the Services, you agree to all terms and conditions of this Agreement, the UDRP (defined below), the URS (defined below), and any rules, policies, or agreements published in association with specific Services and/or which may be adopted or enforced by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”), any registry, or governments.
- CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT: This Agreement may change over time, either through amendments by us, changes to ICANN policy or applicable law which may or may not be reflected in the text of this Agreement, or otherwise. Before any material changes to this Agreement become binding on you (other than changes resulting from a change in ICANN policy or applicable law), we will notify you of such changes by, for example, sending email to you at your email address of record. If, as a result of such a change, you no longer agree with the terms of this Agreement, your exclusive remedies are (a) to transfer your domain name registration services to another registrar, or (b) to cancel your Services, including domain name registration services, with us. Your continued use of the Services following notification of a change in this Agreement indicates your consent to the changes. Unless otherwise specified by us, any such change binds you: (1) thirty (30) days after we notify you of the change, or (2) immediately if such change is a result of a new or amended ICANN policy or applicable law.
- REGISTRANT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: ICANN has developed, in consultation with registrars, a webpage that identifies important registrant rights and responsibilities. The document provides a “plain language” summary of terms related to Registrant Rights and Responsibilities as set out in the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA), for posting on registrar websites. While some of the terms included do not specifically refer to registrants, those terms are included because of the potential import to understanding registrar/registrant relations. The document also summarizes registrant rights and responsibilities that arise within ICANN Consensus Policies and specifications, as those policies and specifications are incorporated into the RAA. The summarization of terms within this document do not override or replace the terms set forth in the RAA or within those specifications or policy. Please review these important Registrant Rights and Responsibilities.
- YOUR ACCOUNT: You must create an account to use the Services (“Account”). Your Account is typically managed and/or provided by your Primary Service Provider. You are solely responsible for maintaining, securing, updating, and keeping strictly confidential all login IDs and passwords, and for all access to and use of your Account by you or any third party.
- ACCOUNT CONTACT INFORMATION AND DOMAIN NAME WHOIS INFORMATION:
- You must provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you with respect to your Account information and with respect to the WHOIS information for your domain name(s). Within seven (7) days of any change to such information, you must update such information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. You must submit the following with respect to you, the administrative, technical, and billing contacts for your domain name registration(s) and other Services: name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and where available, fax number. The type of information you are required to provide may change and you must provide such information and keep your Account information current. Not providing requested information may prevent you from obtaining all Services.
- You may provide information regarding the name-servers assigned to your domain name(s) and, if we are providing name-server services to you, the DNS settings for the domain name. If you do not provide complete name-server information, or if you purchase “Name Only” Services, we may supply this information (and point your domain name to a website of our choosing) until such time as you elect to supply the name-server information or until such time as you elect to upgrade from “Name Only” Services.
- OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE ACCOUNT AND WHOIS CONTACT INFORMATION:
- If, in obtaining Services, you provide information about or on behalf of a third party, you represent and warrant that you have (a) provided notice to that third party of the disclosure and use of that party’s information as set forth in this Agreement, and (b) obtained the third party’s express written consent to the disclosure and use of that party’s information as set forth in this Agreement.
- You represent and warrant that the statements in your application are true and that no Services are being procured for any unlawful or abusive purpose, including but not limited to the infringement of any intellectual property right or other right; the distribution of malware; the abusive operation of botnets; phishing; fraudulent or deceptive practices; the unauthorized transfer to yourself or any other party of any domain name or Services; counterfeiting; or any other activity in violation of any laws, rules, or regulations (the “Illegal Uses”). Providing inaccurate or unreliable information, failing to update information within seven (7) days of any change, engaging in any Illegal Uses, or failing to respond for over fifteen (15) days to inquiries by us concerning the accuracy of Account and WHOIS contact information will constitute an incurable material breach of this Agreement and be a basis for suspension and/or cancellation of the Services.
- You are responsible for regularly monitoring email sent to the email address in your Account. You may lose your rights to the domain name(s) or your right to receive the Services if you do not respond appropriately and timely to an email sent in conjunction therewith.
- ACCESSING YOUR ACCOUNT:
- In order to change any of your Account or domain name WHOIS information, you must access your Account with your Primary Service Provider, or your Account with us. It is your duty to safeguard your Account login identifier and password from any unauthorized use. Any person in possession of your Account login identifier and password will have both the ability and your authorization to modify your Account and domain name information, initiate transfers of your domain name(s) to other registrars, initiate registrant changes to your domain names which may terminate your rights to use such domain name(s), update DNS changes to your domain name(s) which may result in changes to the content associated with your domain name(s) and take other actions which may affect or terminate your rights and access to your domain name(s) and/or the Services.
- We will take reasonable precautions to protect the information we obtain from you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information and such reasonable precautions include procedures for releasing Account access information to parties who claim to have lost Account access information. If we take reasonable precautions in relation thereto, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE IF SUCH REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS DO NOT PREVENT THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR ACCOUNT IDENTIFIER OR PASSWORD AND, EVEN IF WE FAIL TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS, OUR LIABILITY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BE LIMITED BY THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISION FOUND IN PARAGRAPH 13 BELOW IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- If you contact us alleging that a third party has unauthorized access to your Account or domain names, we may charge you administrative fees, currently set at fifty dollars ($50) per hour, for our time spent in relation to the matter, regardless of whether or not we return control over the Account and/or domain name(s) to you. You will indemnify us for any reasonable attorneys’ Fees and costs we may incur in relation to the matter, even if those fees and costs accrue as a result of defending an action, or responding to a threat of an action, initiated by You or a third party.
- SHARING OF WHOIS INFORMATION:
- We will make available the domain name registration information you provide or that we otherwise maintain to the following parties: ICANN, any ICANN-authorized escrow service, the registry administrator(s), and to other third parties as ICANN and applicable laws may require or permit (including through web-based and other on-line WHOIS lookup systems), whether during or after the term of your domain name registration services of the domain name. You irrevocably waive any and all claims and causes of action you may have arising from such disclosure or use of such information. We may make publicly available, or directly available to third parties, some, or all, of the information you provide, for purposes of inspection (such as through our WHOIS service) or for targeted marketing and other purposes as required or permitted by applicable laws, including by way of bulk WHOIS data access provided to third parties who enter into a bulk WHOIS data access agreement with us.
- ICANN may establish or modify the guidelines, limits and/or requirements that relate to the amount and type of information that we may or must make available to the public or to private entities, and the manner in which such information is made available. Information regarding ICANN’s guidelines and requirements regarding WHOIS can be found athttp://www.icann.org/registrars/wmrp.htm, http://www.icann.org/registrars/wdrp.htm, and elsewhere on the ICANN website at http://www.icann.org/.
- OUR SERVICES:
- DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION.
- We are accredited registrars with ICANN for generic top level domain names (“gTLDs”) (such as .com, .net, .org, etc.). ICANN oversees registrations and other aspects of the gTLDs. We also are registrars for a variety of country code top level domain names (“ccTLDs”) (such as .co.uk, .de, etc.). For a partial list of registry administrators and for more information on gTLDs, see http://www.icann.org/tlds/.Domain name registrations are not effective until the registry administrator puts them into effect. Domain name registrations are only for limited terms which end on the expiration date. For domain names which are created as a new registration out of the pool of available domain names, the term begins on the date the domain name registration is acknowledged by the applicable registry. For domain name registrations which were not returned to the pool of available domain names, the term begins on the date the previous registrant’s domain name registration was acknowledged by the applicable registry.
- We and your Primary Service Provider are not liable or responsible in any way for any errors, omissions or any other actions by the registry administrator, including those arising out of or related to a request to register, renew, modify the settings for, or transfer of a domain name registration. You acknowledge that domain name registration is a service, domain name registrations do not exist independently from services provided pursuant to this or a similar registration agreement with a registrar, domain name registration services do not create a property interest and you have no such property interest in any domain name(s) which you may register with us.
- If you submit an application for pre-registration of a domain name, we do not guarantee that the domain name will be secured for you, or that you will have immediate access to the domain name if secured. In the event two (2) or more pre-registration applications are received for the same domain name and the domain name is secured, all applicants will be invited to a private auction to decide who gets the domain name. If you are such an applicant and wish to participate in the auction, you must first acknowledge any trademark claims notice that is shown to you and agree to any additional terms and conditions which may be applicable.
- AFTER MARKET DOMAIN NAMES:
- We offer for sale domain names that are registered to third parties (also known as aftermarket domain names) in a variety of top level domain names (“After Market Domain Name(s)”). All After Market Domain Name registrations are offered on a first come, first served basis. If you are the first to complete an After Market Domain Name registration application for a particular domain name, including payment of the purchase price we designate, we will initiate a transfer of the relevant After Market Domain Name to your Account. If the After Market Domain Name is at another domain registrar at the time of your purchase, we will transfer your purchased After Market Domain Name to us at no cost to you and will add one year to the existing registration period. If the After Market Domain Name is already located with us as the domain registrar at the time of your purchase and it has ninety (90) days or less from the date of your purchase before expiration, we will renew your After Market Domain for you for free. If the After Market Domain Name is already located with us as the domain registrar at the time of your purchase and it has ninety-one (91) days or more before expiration, you are responsible for all renewal fees. Any subsequent renewals of the After Market Domain Name will be charged at the then-current renewal fee. Once you submit your order for an After Market Domain Name, you have entered into a valid, binding and enforceable contract to pay the designated purchase price for the After Market Domain Name. Because we are selling After Market Domain Names initially registered to third parties, we have no control and make no representations regarding the accuracy or legality of domain names advertised, the accuracy or legality of any domain name listing, or the right and the ability of the third party seller to transfer the After Market Domain Name or complete the transaction. We do not control whether or not third party sellers will complete a transaction. We reserve the right to reject or cancel your After Market Domain Name registration for any reason including, but not limited to, any pricing errors. In the event your After Market Domain Name registration is rejected or cancelled by us, for any reason, we will refund in full the amount of the purchase price for the After Market Domain Name as your sole remedy.
- Once the After Market Domain Name is transferred into your Account, such After Market Domain Name may not be transferred away from us to another registrar during the first sixty (60) days following the transfer, during which time the After Market Domain Name may be placed on transfer lock. All of your obligations under this Agreement which apply to the registration or renewal of domain name(s) created by you apply to any After Market Domain Name(s) acquired by you, including but not limited to prohibition against any Illegal Uses.
- NOT INCLUDED IN THE SERVICES:
- We are not responsible to determine whether the domain name(s) you select, or the use you or others make of the domain name(s), or other use of the Services, infringes legal rights of others. It is your responsibility to know whether or not the domain name(s) you select or use or allow others to use infringe legal rights of others.
- We might be ordered by a court or arbitrator to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name; it is your responsibility to list accurate contact information in association with your Account and to communicate with litigants, potential litigants, and governmental authorities. It is not our responsibility to forward court orders or other communications to you. Our policy is to comply with court orders from courts of competent jurisdiction as well as UDRP and URS Panel decisions. If you contact us informing us that you are contesting a court order from a court of competent jurisdiction, we may, but are not obligated to, place a transfer lock on the domain name pending the outcome of the dispute. If you contact us informing us that you are contesting an adverse UDRP or URS Panel decision, your time limits and procedures to do so are subject to the requirements set forth in the UDRP or URS. We will not delay implementation of a UDRP or URS Panel decision based solely on your informing us that you intend to contest the decision.
- USE OF FREE SERVICES:
- In consideration for providing additional optional Services for which we do not charge an additional fee, including, but not limited to, free trials, URL forwarding, email forwarding, free parking page, free website hosting, free email services, or other free services which we may introduce from time to time (“Free Services”), we may display advertising in conjunction therewith through the use of pop-up or pop-under browser windows, banner advertisements, audio or video streams, appendices to emails, or any other advertising means, and we may aggregate for our own use, related usage data by means of cookies and other similar means. You will not be entitled to any of the proceeds we may earn as a result of such advertising. We may discontinue any Free Services at any time with or without providing you prior notice.
- From time to time we may provide you with free or low-cost domain name(s) registration services (“Promotional Name(s)”). If we do so, the services for the Promotional Name(s) will be placed in the same Account as your other domain name(s) and you will be listed as the registrant, though we may point the Promotional Name to IP address(es) of our choosing. If you want to assume control over the services provided to the Promotional Name, including the right to transfer or push the Promotional Name service to other registrars or other Accounts or the ability to control the DNS settings for the Promotional Name, you must pay the promotional registration fee or renewal fee, if any, and the terms of this Agreement will apply to such Promotional Name(s). If you do not want the Promotional Name services, you may request that you be removed as the registrant of such Promotional Names and we may be listed as the domain name registrant or we may delete such domain names or make them available to others. For any domain name services, including these Promotional Names, for which you are listed as registrant but for which you do not pay the registration or renewal fee, we may assign name-servers to the domain name and point the domain name to IP address(es) designated by us until the registration or renewal fee is paid.
- SERVICES PROVIDED AT WILL; TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF SERVICES:
- We and your Primary Service Provider may reject your domain name registration application or elect to discontinue providing Services to you for any reason within thirty (30) days of a Service initiation or a Service renewal. Outside of this period, we and your Primary Service Provider may terminate or suspend the Services at any time for cause, which, without limitation, includes (i) registration of prohibited domain name(s), (ii) abuse of the Services, (iii) payment irregularities, (iv) allegations of illegal conduct or infringement of any third party intellectual property right or other right, (v) failure to keep your Account or WHOIS information accurate and up to date, (vi) failure to respond to inquiries from us for over fifteen (15) calendar days, or (vii) if your use of the Services involves us in a violation or alleged violation of any third party’s rights or acceptable use policies, including but not limited to the transmission of unsolicited email or the violation or alleged violation of any intellectual property right or other right. No fee refund will be made when there is a suspension or termination of Services for cause.
- At any time and for any reason, we may terminate the Services thirty (30) days after we send notice of termination via mail or email, at our option, to the WHOIS contact information provided in association with your domain name registration. Following notice of termination other than for cause, you must transfer your domain name within such thirty (30) day notice period or risk that we may delete your domain name, transfer the registration services associated with your domain name to ourselves or a third party, or suspend or modify Services related to your domain name. If we terminate Services for a reason other than cause, we will provide a pro-rata refund of your fees.
- If we terminate or suspend the Services provided to you under this Agreement, we may then, at our option, make either ourselves or a third party the beneficiary of Services which are substantially similar to those which were previously provided to you. If we have grounds to terminate or suspend Services with respect to one domain name or in relation to other Services provided through your Account, we may terminate or suspend all Services provided through your Account.
- Your registration of a domain name is subject to suspension, cancellation or transfer by any ICANN procedure now in affect or which may come into effect at a later date, by any registrar or registry administrator procedures approved by an ICANN-adopted policy or any policy adopted by any ccTLD registry or governing body, to correct mistakes by us, another registrar or the registry administrator in administering the domain name or for the resolution of disputes concerning the domain name or as a result of any government decree, rule, law or regulation.
- FEES: You agree to pay, prior to the effectiveness of the desired Services, the applicable Service fees set forth on the Pricing Page or otherwise communicated to you. In the event any of the fees for Services change, we will use reasonable efforts to give you thirty (30) days prior notice of such changes on thePricing Page or by other reasonable means. Please check the Pricing Page often for any changes to our Services fees. All fees are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term, unless this Agreement specifically provides for a refund. At our option, we may require that you pay fees through a particular payment means (such as by credit card or by wire transfer) or that you change from one payment provider to another.
- PAYMENT ISSUES: In the event of a charge back by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider allowed by us) in connection with your payment of fees for any Services, we and/or your Primary Service Provider may suspend access to any and all Accounts you have with us and/or your Primary Service Provider and all interests in and use of any domain name registration services, website hosting, and/or email services, including all data hosted on our systems and/or on the systems of your Primary Service Provider may be assumed by us or your Primary Service Provider, as the case may be, or may be terminated. We may reinstate your rights to and control over these Services solely at our discretion, and subject to our receipt of the unpaid fees and our then-current reinstatement fee set forth on the Pricing Page or otherwise communicated to you. Reinstatement of Services by your Primary Service Provider may be according to the terms between you and your Primary Service Provider relating to reinstatement. If you have an issue with credit card or other payment charges, you should contact your Primary Service Provider, first, and us, second, regarding the issue before you contact your credit card or other payment process company to request a charge back or reversal of the charges.
- EXPIRATION AND RENEWAL OF SERVICES: It is your responsibility to keep your own records and to maintain your own reminders regarding when your domain name registration or other Services are set to expire. With respect to domain name registration services, we and/or your Primary Service Provider will email a renewal notification approximately one (1) month and approximately one (1) week prior to each such domain name’s expiration. In addition, if a domain name is not renewed, we and/or your Primary Service Provider will email an additional renewal notification within five (5) days after the expiration of such domain name’s registration. All renewal notifications will be sent to primary contact for the Account associated with the domain name registration. It is your responsibility to maintain current and accurate credit card information should any Services be placed on “auto-renew.” We and/or your Primary Service Provider will notify you when renewal fees are due. Should these fees go unpaid, your Services will expire or be cancelled. Payment must be made by credit card or such other method as we may allow or require from time to time. If you select automatic renewal of the Services, we may attempt to renew the Services a reasonable time before expiration, provided your credit card or other billing information is available and up to date. It is your responsibility to keep your billing information up to date and we are not required to, but may, contact you to update this information in the event that an attempted transaction is not processed successfully. Please note: for certain top level domain names, the automatic renewal option is not available.
- EXPIRATION OF A DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION: Immediately after the expiration of the term of domain name registration services and before deletion of the domain name in the applicable registry’s database, we may direct the domain name to name-servers and IP address(es) designated by us, including, without limitation, to no IP address or to IP address(es) which host a parking page or a commercial search engine that may display advertisements, and we may either leave your WHOIS information intact or we may change the contact information in the WHOIS output for the expired domain name so that you are no longer the listed registrant of the expired domain name.
- Reactivation Period Process. For a period of approximately thirty (30) days after expiration of the term of domain name registration services, we may provide a procedure by which expired domain name registration services may be renewed. We may, but are not obligated to, offer this process, called the “reactivation period.” You assume all risks and all consequences if you wait until close to or after the expiration of the original term of domain name registration services to attempt to renew the domain name registration services. We may, in our sole discretion, choose not to offer a reactivation period and we shall not be liable therefore. The reactivation period renewal process, if any, may involve additional fees which we and your Primary Service Provider may determine. We may make expired domain name services(s) available to third parties, we may auction off the rights to expired domain name services (the auction beginning close to the end or after the end of the reactivation period), and/or expired domain name registration services may be re-registered to any party at any time.
- After the reactivation period, if any, we may:
- Discontinue the domain name registration services at any time thereafter without notice. In which case, certain registry administrators may provide procedures by which discontinued domain name registration services may nonetheless be renewed. We will participate in this process, typically called the “Redemption Grace Period” (“RGP”), for each gTLD registry administrator that provides it. We may, in our sole discretion, choose not to participate in the RGP process with respect to any or all of your ccTLD domain name registration services and we shall not be liable therefore. If available, RGP typically ends between thirty (30) and forty-two (42) days after the end of the reactivation period of the domain name services. The current RGP fee is set forth on the Pricing Page and does not include any registration fees that may also be due. We are not obliged to contact you to alert you that the domain name registration services are being discontinued; or
- Pay the registry’s registration fee or otherwise provide for the registration services to be continued. In which case, we may then set the name-servers and the DNS settings for the domain name services, we may set the DNS to point to no IP address or to IP address(es) which host parking page(s) or a commercial search engine that may display paid advertisements, and we may change the contact information in the WHOIS output for the expired domain name so that you are no longer the listed registrant of the expired domain name. We do not have to pay you any of the proceeds we may earn as a result. We are not obliged to contact you to alert you that the domain name registration services are being continued. The domain name will be designated as being in the extended redemption grace period (“ERGP”), and you will be allowed to assume, during the first 120 days of the then extant registration term, complete management of the domain name services, including the right to control the DNS settings, provided that you pay the ERGP fee (which is the same as the RGP fee) plus any registration fees. After the end of the 120-day period, if you do not exercise your rights under this provision, you have abandoned the domain name services, and relinquish all interests and use of the domain name services; or
- If we auctioned the domain name services to a third party, we may transfer the domain name registration services to such third party. In which case, the third party who won the auction for the domain name services will control the domain name services, including control over the WHOIS information and the DNS settings. You may recover the domain name registration services prior to the end of the reactivation period, as such reactivation period applied to you. We are not obliged to contact you to alert you that the domain name registration services are or were auctioned. We do not have to pay you any of the proceeds we may earn as a result of such an auction.
- Transfer of your domain name(s) services shall be governed by ICANN’s transfer policy, available athttp://www.icann.org/transfers/, including the Registrar Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy, available at http://www.icann.org/en/transfers/dispute-policy-12jul04.htm as well as the UDRP and URS as described in Section 17 of this Agreement, as these policies may be modified from time to time. To transfer your domain name(s) you should first login to your Account to lock or unlock your domain name(s) and/or to obtain the EPP “AuthCode” which is required to transfer domain services in an EPP registry (such as .org). Alternatively, you should contact your Primary Service Provider to have your domain name(s) services locked or unlocked or to obtain the EPP “AuthCode.” If your Primary Service Provider is unresponsive, you may contact us to have your domain name(s) locked or unlocked or to obtain the EPP “AuthCode” though we may first contact your Primary Service Provider to request that the Primary Service Provider address the request. Only the registrant and the administrative contacts listed in the WHOIS information may approve or deny a transfer request. Without limitation, domain name services may not be transferred within sixty (60) days of initial registration, within sixty (60) days of a transfer, if there is a dispute regarding the identity of the domain name registrant, if you are bankrupt, or if you fail to pay fees when due. We will follow the procedures for both gaining and loosing registrars as outlined in ICANN’s transfer policies. Transfer requests typically take five (5) business days to be processed. A transfer will not be processed if, during this time, the domain name registration services expire, in which event you may need to reinstate the transfer request following a redemption of the domain name, if any. You may be required to resubmit a transfer request if there is a communication failure or other problem at either our end or at the registry. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR FAILURE OF A TRANSFER WHETHER OR NOT THE TRANSFER PROCESS IS INITIATED CLOSE TO THE END OF A REGISTRATION TERM.
- We may place a “Registrar Lock” on your domain name services and this will prevent your domain name services from being transferred without your authorization, though we are not required to do so. By allowing your domain name services to remain locked, you provide express objection to any and all transfer requests until the lock is removed.
- OWNERSHIP OF INFORMATION AND DATA: We own all database, compilation, collective and similar rights, title and interests worldwide in our domain name database, and all information and derivative works generated from the domain name database. We own the following information for those registrations for which we are the registrar: (a) the original creation date of the registration, (b) the expiration date of the registration, (c) the name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and where available fax number of the registrant and all contacts for the domain name registration, (d) any remarks concerning the registered domain name that appear or should appear in the WHOIS or similar database, and (e) any other information we generate or obtain in connection with the provision of Services, other than the domain name being registered, the IP addresses of the primary nameserver and any secondary nameservers for the domain name, and the corresponding names of those nameservers. We do not have any ownership interest in your specific personal registration information outside of our rights in our domain name database.
- AGENTS AND LICENSES: If you are registering a domain name for or on behalf of someone else, you represent that you have the authority to bind that person as a principal to all terms and conditions provided herein. If you license the use of a domain name you register to us or a to third party, you remain the domain name holder of record, and remain responsible for all obligations at law and under this Agreement, including but not limited to payment obligations, and providing (and updating, as necessary) both your own full contact information, and accurate technical, administrative, billing and zone contact information adequate to facilitate timely resolution of any problems that arise in connection with the domain name and domain name registration and for ensuring non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights or other rights.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY (a) SUSPENSION OR LOSS OF THE SERVICES, (b) USE OF THE SERVICES, (c) INTERRUPTION OF SERVICES OR INTERRUPTION OF YOUR BUSINESS, (d) ACCESS DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS TO OUR WEB SITE(S) OR SERVICES OR DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS YOU EXPERIENCE IN RELATION TO A DOMAIN NAME REGISTERED WITH US; (e) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM ACTS OF OR EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL (f) DATA NON-DELIVERY, MIS-DELIVERY, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION OR OTHER MODIFICATION; (g) THE PROCESSING OF AN APPLICATION FOR A DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION; (h) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR ACCOUNT IDENTIFIER OR PASSWORD; OR (i) APPLICATION OF ANY DISPUTE POLICY. NEITHER WE NOR YOUR PRIMARY SERVICE PROVIDER WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE OR YOUR PRIMARY SERVICE PROVIDER HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR OR YOUR PRIMARY SERVICE PROVIDER’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR SERVICES, BUT IN NO EVENT GREATER THAN FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS (US$400.00). BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES, OUR AND YOUR PRIMARY SERVICE PROVIDER’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- INDEMNITY: You hereby release, indemnify, and hold us, ICANN, the registry operators, and your Primary Service Provider, as well as the contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and affiliates of such parties harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, for third party claims relating to or arising under this Agreement, including any breach of any of your representations, warranties, covenants or obligations set forth in this Agreement, the Services provided hereunder, or your use of the Services, including, without limitation, infringement or alleged infringement by you, or by anyone else using the Services, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or from the violation or alleged violation of any of our or ICANN’s operating rules or policies relating to the Services provided. We may seek written assurances from you in which you promise to indemnify and hold us harmless from the costs and liabilities described in this paragraph. Such written assurances may include, in our sole discretion, the posting of a performance bond(s) or other guarantees reasonably calculated to guarantee payment. Your failure to provide such assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of this Agreement by you and may, in our sole discretion, result in loss of your right to control the disposition of domain name Services for which you are the registrant and in relation to which we are the registrar of record. This indemnification is in addition to any indemnification (a) required under the UDRP, URS, or any other ICANN policy or any policy of any relevant registry; or (b) set forth elsewhere in this Agreement.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT NEITHER THE REGISTRATION OF A DOMAIN NAME NOR THE MANNER IN WHICH IT IS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY USED NOR THE USE OF OTHER OF THE SERVICES INFRINGES THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY OR WILL OTHERWISE SUBJECT US TO A LEGAL CLAIM. THE SERVICES ARE INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD AND BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD AND ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PROCUREMENT OF THE SERVICES IS ACCURATE. ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS. EXCEPT FOR OUR STATEMENT REGARDING OUR ACCREDITATION AS ICANN-APPROVED DOMAIN NAME REGISTRARS, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, UNLESS SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE. WITHOUT ANY LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER THAT REGISTRATION OR USE OF A DOMAIN NAME UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL IMMUNIZE YOU EITHER FROM CHALLENGES TO YOUR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION, OR FROM SUSPENSION, CANCELLATION OR TRANSFER OF THE DOMAIN NAME REGISTERED TO YOU. ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR E-MAIL FORWARDING OR OTHER EMAIL SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH OUR E-MAIL SERVICES OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OUR E-MAIL SERVICES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION POLICY: You are bound by all ICANN consensus policies and all policies of any relevant registry, including but not limited to: (i) the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (“UDRP”), which is available at http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrp-rules-24oct99.htm andhttp://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/policy.htm along with the UDRP Rules and all Supplemental Rules of any UDRP provider; and (ii) the Uniform Rapid Suspension System (“URS”), which is available at http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/urs, along with the URS Rules and all Supplemental Rules of any URS provider. The UDRP and URS may be changed by ICANN (or ICANN’s successor) at any time. If the registration or reservation of your domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in the UDRP and URS in effect at the time your domain name registration is disputed by the third party. In the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions of the UDRP and URS. If you or your domain name is the subject of litigation, we may deposit control of your domain name record into the registry of the judicial body by providing a party with a registrar certificate.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION FOR DISPUTES:
- Except as otherwise set forth in the UDRP, URS, or any similar ccTLD policy, with respect to any dispute over a domain name registration, this Agreement, your rights and obligations and all actions contemplated by this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Washington, as if the Agreement was a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed within the State of Washington.
- Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of the agreement to arbitrate, shall be determined by arbitration in King County, Washington, before one arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. Judgment on the Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. Service of process on you by us in relation to any dispute arising under this Agreement may be served upon you by first class mail to the address listed by you in your Account and/or domain name WHOIS information or by electronically transmitting a true copy of the papers to the email address listed by you in your Account and/or domain name WHOIS information.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, for the adjudication of third party disputes (i.e., disputes between you and another party, not us) concerning or arising from use of domain names registered hereunder, you shall submit without objection, without prejudice to other potentially applicable jurisdictions, to the subject matter and personal jurisdiction of the courts (i) of the domicile of the registrant as it appears in the public WHOIS record for the domain name(s) in controversy, and (ii) where we are located, currently those State or federal courts whose geographic districts include Bellevue, Washington.
- NOTICES: Any notices required to be given under this Agreement by us to you will be deemed to have been given if delivered in accordance with the Account and/or domain name WHOIS information you have provided.
- ADDITIONAL REGISTRY REQUIREMENTS. Some registries have additional contractual requirements that you agree to by registering domain names from those registries. You are responsible for reviewing any terms and conditions applicable to or provided by such registries.
- GENERAL: The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5, if applicable. This Agreement and all applicable ICANN policies and the policies of any relevant registry, including but not limited to the UDRP and URS, together with all modifications, constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us, and supersede and govern all prior proposals, agreements, or other communications. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the parties. The failure of us to require your performance of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by us of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law or be so held by applicable court decision, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render this Agreement unenforceable or invalid as a whole. We will amend or replace such provision with one that is valid and enforceable and which achieves, to the extent possible, our original objectives and intent as reflected in the original provision. This Agreement may not be amended or modified by you except by means of a written document signed by both you and an authorized representative of us. The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5, if applicable.
503 E Jackson St, Tampa, FL 33602